We invite you to dig deeper into GRAN issues through these upcoming and previously recorded webinars and online events and resources.
- Effective Climate Messaging for Seniors -- November 29, 1:30 ET. Join Climate Legacy and the Group of 78 for a new webinar examining how seniors differ from the broader population in terms of climate beliefs and activities, and how to use this information to better reach seniors with opportunities for climate action. Canadian seniors’ interest in climate change extends far beyond feeling a greater connection with the natural world. More than seven in ten (74%) express that the government should be doing more to tackle climate change, and seven in ten (70%) believe they can personally help to reduce emissions. It’s clear that seniors are ready to act, and many will bring decades of experience to any climate action they undertake. Amber Bennet, climate communication strategist and Dr. Louise Comeau, Senior Advisor at Re.Climate (and member of GRAN) will be the guest speakers. Click here to register.
- Accelerating #ActionOnFood for people and planet -- December 1 - December 11 -- Explore the Food Systems Pavilion 2023 program at COP 28 – including eight thematic days highlighting the critical role that transforming food systems must play in climate mitigation, adaptation and building resilience. Click here to access the program for each day.
- Become an Organizational Guiding Elder -- This free online multi-session program is hosted by the Society Promoting Environmental Conservation (SPEC) and is open to the public. Take one, take some, or take them all. Elders will come away with the groundwork for participating in organizations as a Guiding Elder. Registration is now open for individual sessions and the full-length program. When: Every second and third Thursday from October 12, 2023 through March 2024, 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. ET | 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. PT. 13 sessions in total. Click here for more information and to register.
Links to recordings of past events:
- The Role of Agroecology and Food Sovereignty in Building Just and Sustainable Food Systems -- GRAN Learning Event with guest speaker Leticia Ama Deawuo, Executive Director of SeedChange Canada. (October 5, 2023) Video link here.
- Meeting Your MP -- GRAN Skills-Building Event with MP Anita Vandenbeld (May 25, 2023). The video link is available to GRAN members in the Advocacy Toolbox (located under the Resources tab). Member log-in is required.
- Global Food Justice? Decolonizing the Paths Forward -- GRAN Learning Event with Dr. Elizabeth Vibert (April 4, 2023) Video link here.
- Global Hunger and Canada’s Response -- Webinar co-hosted by GRAN, Canadian Foodgrains Bank (CFGB) and ONE Canada (February 9, 2023) Video link here.
- Fresh Food, Distressed Planet -- Webinar hosted by BCCIC (February 7, 2023) GRAN co-founder Peggy Edwards was one of three panelists exploring women’s lived realities and leadership in food security, gender equality, the climate crisis and peace. Video link here.
- Indigenous Perspectives on Seed Sovereignty -- Webinar co-hosted by York University and SeedChange (January 19, 2023) Video link here.
- Crises and Trends to Watch in 2023 -- Webinar hosted by The New Humanitarian (January 13, 2023) Video link here.
- Global Hunger -- Presentation by Canadian Foodgrains Bank (October 26, 2022) Video link here.
- Global Hunger Crisis -- The Walrus Talks series (October 18, 2022, Ottawa) Video link here.
- Presentation by HelpAge Canada with Executive Director Greggor Sneddon (May 25, 2022) Video link here.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Apartheid: Its Roots and Consequences with Dr. Madhukar Pai (April 20, 2022). Video link here.
- Global Food Security and the Ukraine Crisis with Dr. Jennifer Clapp, Canada Research Chair in Global Food Security and Sustainability (March 29, 2022) Video link here.
- Growing Her Future: Climate Financing and Global Food Security with Canadian Foodgrains Bank (October 26, 2021). Video link here.
- Saving the Okavango Delta Panel Discussion with activists Ina-Maria Shikongo and Rob Parker and MP Elizabeth May (May 28, 2021) Video link here.
- GRAN Food Sovereignty Presentation with Dr. Elizabeth Vibert (April 28, 2021) Video link here.
- GRAN Climate Justice Presentation with Dr. Louise Comeau (January 27, 2021) Video link here.
We will do our best to keep this page updated, so we encourage you to check back often!